BigCommerce SEO Services
A popular name in the eCommerce sector, BigCommerce provides an all-in-one hosted solution that takes care of hosting, security, upgrades, and troubleshooting remotely. You will need to know the intricacies of BigCommerce SEO if you are planning to or already using BigCommerce for your online store. This will lead you to a first-page search result in all SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
BigCommerce has basic inventory management capabilities to help small businesses manage their products in the early stages before upgrading to a dedicated inventory management application.
Unlike other platforms with steep learning curves, BigCommerce is easy to use. Businesses need a developer to customize their BigCommerce store, but it is quite simple.
BigCommerce is also a hosted solution, unlike many other eCommerce platforms. Therefore, you wouldn’t need to hire a hosting company or pay for server space. It becomes your one-stop eCommerce solution. BigCommerce allows businesses to sell their products on other platforms, including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. It offers great marketing tools, product analytics and insights, security, and enterprise-level scalability.
Our SEO services are one of the critical components of the BigCommerce platform, driving organic traffic to newly established businesses’ websites. We help businesses optimize their BigCommerce shops to attract new customers from various search terms.
By default, BigCommerce has several features. SEO titles, meta tags, image alt tags, and more can be easily adjusted on the platform. BigCommerce also has built-in schema markup tools that allow businesses to rank for rich snippets without doing anything. This makes their jobs much easier.
Using BigCommerce’s Content Delivery Network, businesses’ eCommerce websites load faster. This can have major implications for online retailers. With BigCommerce, businesses get a lot of SEO-friendly features by default and can also use additional SEO tools to make their site even more SEO-friendly. Two types of SEO services are provided by major eCommerce platforms: essential SEO and advanced SEO.
Sites on pages two and three of the search results are differentiated by advanced SEO. Once you’ve established the basics, you can make more technical or specialized changes to improve your search rankings. A leading BigCommerce SEO company can help you with advanced SEO for BigCommerce.
BigCommerce search engine optimization lets you better understand how Google sees your eCommerce shop. Our tool looks at your website’s content, meta tag data, and LSI keywords to help you find the foundational SEO issues that need to be fixed right now. The report will also suggest more complicated issues that may take time to fix but can lead to big results later.
This guide will be useful for both BigCommerce SEO beginners and experts. Google displays are important. Keyword difficulty is useful, and high search volume is the most important factor when choosing keywords. Web fonts improve your online presence, while the SEO perspective helps you see relevant data with ease.
Are good SEO results on BigCommerce possible?
Keeping your eCommerce business viable in an increasingly competitive market is no easy task, considering the challenges posed by the competitors. Optimizing your website to match the search engines’ constantly changing algorithms has become a mission-critical stage in accelerating your eCommerce SEO growth.
An SEO-optimized BigCommerce store is key to your success online. Our team will perform a full BigCommerce SEO audit and make recommendations for improving your rankings, driving visitors to your site, and boosting your sales through organic search. We’ll also help you set up tracking and analysis in Google Search Console, so you can see the impact of changes we make. BigCommerce SEO experts provide detailed insight on your BigCommerce site’s search engine optimization, including keyword data and analysis, duplicate content, an automatic sitemap creation tool that improves Google indexing of your site’s pages, and an SEO audit report.
BigCommerce’s unique feature adheres to the most current SEO standards. BigCommerce SEO experts can play a crucial role in determining the future strategy of your business.
Some of the BigCommerce SEO features through which an SEO agency can provide the best search results are:
- Schema & Microdata Markup – HTML, the language that describes what is on a webpage, is too broad to represent contextual information.
The HTML tags identify which content on a page is a header, a sub-header, or a paragraph. Using HTML, you can specify that this is a picture and a link. HTML helps to organize tables and lists. However, it does not tell you what the page’s content is. This is problematic for eCommerce website owners.
In collaboration with other companies, Microsoft developed Schema, a microdata standard that allows you to specify the content of a web page more precisely. You can specify that “this page is a product description” and “this other page is a review.” The essential microdata optimization is already included in BigCommerce SEO. With this, your eCommerce website will appear in the top results.
- Meta Descriptions & Page Titles – page titles and meta descriptions under BigCommerce SEO are two major factors driving traffic to eCommerce websites. Page titles and meta descriptions appear when you type anything into a search engine. The page title is a clickable link, and the meta description is the text underneath it.
Search engines will display the title of your page to users. It is important to ensure the eCommerce website has a distinct page title related to the material on that page.
The difference between someone visiting your eCommerce website and scrolling to the next link may be determined by meta descriptions. Multiple keywords related to the page’s content should also be included in the meta description. An experienced BigCommerce SEO agency can help you set up the most appropriate meta descriptions and page titles to attract potential customers.
- Optimization for Mobiles – having mobile optimization is important for good SEO results. BigCommerce SEO requires proper mobile optimization for different devices. As the name indicates, mobile optimization ensures that your web page is suitable for mobile and tablet devices. If your online store is not mobile-friendly, visitors may find it difficult to explore and purchase your items, leading to bad SEO results. Using BigCommerce search engine optimization services can help you optimize your eCommerce store.
- Content Delivery Network – the Content Delivery Network or CDN used by BigCommerce helps a lot with SEO. Increased download speeds are costly when you pay for hosting. You will need to purchase more servers to increase your website’s server capacity and speed. Configure and optimize them according to SEO best practices. A CDN, such as the one provided by BigCommerce, caches your website to specific servers worldwide. Website visitor requests are then forwarded to the nearest server, enhancing site speed for all users. It reduces the headache of dealing with servers and offers better SEO results
Is BigCommerce a good choice for organic visibility?
One of the most effective ways to increase the flow of organic and interested visitors to your eCommerce website is through search engine optimization (SEO). The idea of ranking a particular website above the rest of the competition may appear straightforward. Still, without prior knowledge and the careful effort to execute an effective approach, SEO strategy might be confusing for newly established businesses.
Keyword research is the foundation of a BigCommerce SEO’s organic visibility success. The research you conduct will assist you in determining the terms and phrases your target audience will use to locate the things you’re offering. Keyword research is not tough, but it does take some time. BigCommerce search engine optimization makes the remainder of your search optimization considerably easy after you have completed the first steps yourself.
Some ways through which organic visibility is boosted on BigCommerce SEO are:
- Alt Text Images – an alt-text description is a description that is applied to any image on your website. These descriptions are another technique to provide search engines with more information on why your eCommerce site should be ranked highly compared to other sites. It also informs readers about the picture if it fails to load. The alt-text description feature of BigCommerce SEO works towards increasing the website’s organic visibility.
- Blogging – This method produces SEO-friendly content and introduces organic attention to an eCommerce website. Businesses that blog see a 12–13 – fold increase in their sales. A blog can help you produce relevant content directly from your BigCommerce dashboard. Include the targeted keywords appropriately, and your website’s chances of ranking higher will increase. Additionally, sharing good quality content aids in the development of a natural portfolio of high-quality backlinks.
- Integration with Google Analytics – BigCommerce SEO’s integration with Google Analytics improves the SEO abilities of the platform. Even if your business website is brilliantly designed and loads at lightning speeds, it needs constant monitoring. Even though BigCommerce search engine optimization comes with several monitoring services, integrating with Google Analytics will benefit in every instance.
- Loading Speeds – websites on the BigCommerce platform load quickly on desktop and mobile. Page speed optimization is crucial for both SEO and organic visibility growth. One out of four visitors will wait for the page to load, and if it takes more than four seconds, they will move on to another site. Most visitors won’t return to a website that performs poorly.
Do BigCommerce stores load quickly?
Online shoppers want to avoid putting up with sluggish websites since they have so many options in their hands. If your eCommerce website does not load faster, the customer will head toward a competitor. BigCommerce search engine optimization services help boost the speed of your website so that traffic does not diverge from your website to some other competitor.
Page load speed is used by search engines like Google in their algorithms to calculate search engine rankings, which means that search engines are more likely to direct buyers to sites that load quickly and not to those which have slow loading times. Speed isn’t the only ranking factor to consider when it comes to ranking; Search engines such as Google’s search engine algorithms consider over 200 factors, and page speed is only one of them. Even little adjustments to one of such factors can help you save time and improve your rankings, eventually leading to better rankings for your eCommerce website.
The importance of the site’s speed goes beyond the site’s ranking. Improving your website load speed is a terrific method to assist consumers in reaching where they are going faster, and happy shoppers will likely become repeat customers. Users annoyed by a slow-loading website are more likely to bounce, which means they might never return to your eCommerce website.
When the BigCommerce speeds are compared to competitor eCommerce platforms, BigCommerce is incredibly fast as the stores load fast, making it one of the best eCommerce platforms for new businesses who want to attract organic traffic to their website. To increase the speed of BigCommerce stores further, many things BigCommerce SEO features can be used, such as:
- BigCommerce Apps – it is important to check on BigCommerce Apps to keep the store’s loading speed healthy. Under BigCommerce search engine optimization, you can select from various apps to improve your online store on the BigCommerce website. It’s critical to remember that the more features you add to your eCommerce site, the more code must be loaded with each click a visitor makes on your website. When you run a speed test on your site, you should be able to see which apps are the most resource-intensive on your eCommerce website. It may be better to uninstall them if they are not essential and assess the need for any future apps before installing them. This ultimately works towards improving the SEO side of your website.
- Redirects Fixing – business websites will modify, add inventory, and create new product categories as the business develops and expands. You may have to rename category pages as a result of this. This might pose issues with some eCommerce platforms since specific subcategories and goods may be related to previous categories, and their journey is now unclear. You do not have to worry about BigCommerce search engine optimization because it automatically redirects all such links. However, if you have changed category names more than once, you will end up with a trail of redirects that will cause your website to slow down. It is important to get rid of these to increase the website speeds.
- Hosting – another simple technique to speed up a BigCommerce store is to choose a fast, dependable web host. Multiple types of sites offer to host for BigCommerce with uptime guarantees that ensure your eCommerce website never goes down and your customers stay on your website.
What SEO settings can you edit on BigCommerce?
BigCommerce is a flexible eCommerce website builder that offers out-of-the-box shop administration and adaptability for online stores. It comes with several sales tools, multichannel connectors, and sophisticated SEO capabilities. BigCommerce SEO settings are fairly simple and easy to edit for users;
They play a huge role in driving organic traffic to a website. SEO settings need to be carefully examined because they can be a make or break for web pages.
Some of the SEO settings which can be edited on BigCommerce SEO are:
- Structure of URL – for products, web pages, and categories, URL structures can be changed and edited on BigCommerce search engine optimization. The platform employs an SEO-friendly layout by default, but you may change the formatting of the URL structure to suit your needs. There are three URL structure options: SEO Optimized or the shower version, SEO Optimized or the longer ones, and Custom.
- Meta Data – the information contained in a webpage’s meta tag is metadata. Search engines may use metadata to discover relevant information in search results. The page title, meta description, and target keywords are examples of BigCommerce SEO metadata. Editing and changing these SEO settings in the right manner is critical.
- Page Title – since page titles are frequently utilized as the title link in search engine results, creating a relevant page title is essential to appear higher in the SERP. Page titles can be placed on content pages, product pages, blog posts, and category pages, among other places. Every eCommerce store page should have a unique title tag of fewer than 70 characters long and start with a target keyword.
- Meta Description – in search engine results, meta descriptions appear as a small descriptive blurb. Typically, they are simply a few sentences long. Meta descriptions should be included in your store’s pages, including content, blog posts, categories, and the home page. Rich snippets are the structured data you need to add to your content if you want the searchers or search engines to understand your website and store. This also impacts how your online store behaves or ranks in the SERP.
- Keywords – are terms and words in your descriptions and metadata related to the content of a page and are an important aspect of organic and paid SEO strategies. There is an area where you may add meta keywords to your pages. This strategy, however, is gradually becoming obsolete: it is now preferable to incorporate keywords in descriptions and classifications. BigCommerce search engine optimization services help you get more attention by using appropriate keywords for your product pages.
- Categories & Product Description – categories and product descriptions are two things that can be edited with SEO settings on BigCommerce SEO. Search engines scanning the site can identify phrases for search results thanks to descriptive language on product and category pages. When composing your category and product descriptions, it’s a good idea to use your keyword strategy.
The Product Information section contains the product descriptions when you add or change a product. The method for category descriptions is similar to that of product descriptions. Many of the same recommended practices that apply to product descriptions also apply to category descriptions. They should be simple to read, tailored to the target audience or shopper, and include relevant keywords. It’s also an excellent area to draw attention to or connect to deeper subcategories, lower-cost items, or higher-cost ones.
- Alt Text & Images – SEO settings on BigCommerce also allow adding and editing alt text and images. When search engines such as Google index your site, they will look at all the photographs on your page, especially two essential factors linked with your images: Alt text and Media files. Remember to include alt text to photos and optimize file names to assist your BigCommerce SEO.
- BreadCrumbs – comes under SEO settings for BigCommerce SEO. Many popular BigCommerce themes have breadcrumbs as a standard feature. BreadCrumbs improve the overall user experience when they travel between different product pages or categories when BreadCrumbs are enabled.
BreadCrumbs also assist search engines in comprehending the structure of your site, which greatly benefits BigCommerce SEO. BreadCrumbs should be enabled by default since they will not obstruct the design of the product or category pages